Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
At Sunrun, we’re building technology that really matters. You’ll join a forward-thinking, industry-disrupting team in designing software that helps deliver affordable, clean, solar energy to homeowners across the country. You’ll also be part of an amazing group of driven, passionate innovators who thrive in a fast-moving and rapidly evolving environment.
You’ll directly impact the future of how homeowners interact with solar energy, leading a team of fellow designers in pushing the industry into uncharted territory. In doing so, you’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, and Customer Experience leaders in bringing your big ideas to life.
- Deeply connect with Sunrun’s customers and mission, using your understanding to identify opportunities for innovating the solar homeowner experience
- Collaborate with product & CX leadership in continuously improving Sunrun’s industry-leading customer experience, entrenching it as a core competitive advantage
- Model human-centered design behaviors that drive change using a people-first framework
- Champion a prototype-to-learn culture that prioritizes empathy, experimentation & iteration
- Lead inspiring internal design workshops / sprints / planning sessions that build consensus and excitement across various Sunrun functions
- Mentor a team of product designers in further developing their own user research practices, design presentation skills, and individual professional growth
- Collaborate with fellow designers to create interfaces and user flows that range from responsive web to mobile to embedded UI
- Elegantly balance persistent customer advocacy and fast-paced execution
- 5+ years experience in a dedicated UX/interaction design role
- A thorough blend of technical design skills (from wireframing to high-fidelity mockups, to final UI design), leadership ability, and product thinking
- Experience driving meaningful product/experience evolution in close partnership with Product, Engineering, and CX/Marketing leaders and individual contributors
- Passion for human-centered design and its supporting frameworks; commitment to addressing business challenges through powerful design solutions
- Natural creativity, curiosity, and ability to inspire a diverse group of colleagues to explore new ways of thinking
- Mastery of modern mockup and design software tools (expertise in Figma a plus)
- Active participation in design communities; informed and strongly held opinions on current design/UX trends
- BONUS: Experience designing experiences for a company whose primary product is NOT a software application or SaaS product
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top