Salesforce Application Business Administrator
The Operations Analytics & Strategy team is looking for a driven, hands-on, business-minded individual with a strong grounding in Salesforce, analytics, process, and software. The Salesforce Application Business Administrator is a hybrid role between Salesforce Application Administrator, Business Analyst, and Power User. They will be responsible for managing our Workflow Management system, a custom developed project management tool within Salesforce. This person will also partner with our IT and Software teams to define requirements, complete development and testing cycles, and drive coordination of Operations needs.
- Partner with cross functional teams to define requirements, review solution plans, facilitate testing, and manage releases.
- Implement configuration changes within Salesforce, using a complex set of logic definitions and flows.
- Provide software capability and design expertise to core initiative teams.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- May require overnight releases spanning 2-8 hours, 1-3 times monthly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Software Development, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator required, certification preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Experience presenting and reporting to appropriate stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certification preferred
- Solar experience preferred
- Expertise in at least one of the following: R, SQL, JQuery
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- Sense of humor and team mentality is a must
- Needs to love a little bit of chaos
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top