The Sunrun Safety Coordinator is a critical member of the Safety Team who is directly responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of incidents and ensuring the best possible care for our employees.
The Safety Coordinator will report to the Director of EHS but support a broad range of leaders in the organization. This position is cross functional with HR, Legal and Recruiting and will communicate directly with employees, clinics, doctors, insurance carriers and Sunrun Managers.
- Injury and incident intake (1st contact)
- Produce and develop training and policies on incident reporting and management
- Provide direction on care ranging from 1st Aid to Advanced Life Support
- Evaluate and approve initial medical procedures and treatment
- Send DWC notices timely
- Create claims file
- Enter Doctors and clinic reports
- Enter photos & field reports
- Follow up on investigations
- Manage OSHA recordkeeping (300 Log)
- Manage Ergo Requests and Data
- Manage the Return to Work Assignments (RTW)
- Investigate & track Near Miss Incidents
- Identifies Subrogation
- Manage non-work related RTW claims
- Light duty hours review and approval
- Drug Testing Program Management
- RFP & Pre-Qual Requests
- AIC/AICM Preferred
- WCCA or insurance certifications preferred
- Excellent Professional Communication Skills
- MUST HAVE 2+ years recent Workers Compensation Claims Experience in a Med-Only role.
- MUST be able to demonstrate knowledge of advanced industry terminology and how to successfully adjudicate medical claims.
- MUST demonstrate knowledge of workers compensation laws, policies and procedures.
- Understanding of medical and legal terminology
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
- internal applicants: must be in current position for 1 year and be in good standing
Physical demands/Essential functions:
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to be a calming presence in stressful conditions
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers
- Ability to travel commercially as directed or required
- Ability to drive with a clean driving record
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top