Retail Solar Sales Advocate
- Mansfield, TX
Sunrun is changing the way we get our electricity and we are looking for Solar Sales Advocate to join the revolution! We are the leading residential solar provider in the U.S. servicing 23 states on a mission to create a planet run by the sun . As a Sunrun Solar Sales Advocate, you are on a path to accelerate your earnings and grow your sales career.
At Sunrun we empower you to take control of your career. Our extensive training and performance-based culture will help drive your achievement while positioning you for career advancement opportunities through our ELEVATE career development program.
Your safety is our number one priority. You will be provided personal protective equipment for when you are in the retail store environment and will have the flexibility to work remotely for a few of your shifts.
Become a Member of the Team
Previous solar or in-home sales experience is not required to succeed as a Solar Sales Advocate-in fact- many of our most successful Associates came from quota-driven roles in other customer service-based industries. Meet with us and learn about our ELEVATE Sales Professional development program.
If you are passionate about making an impact, we welcome you to join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunnrunners as we PowerThrough on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun.
Our Solar Sales Advocate Enjoy:
- Competitive hourly base pay and lucrative performance incentives, through our ELEVATE career development program with a $1-3 per hour increase for meeting performance goals.
- Sales commissions for new solar appointments and contracts resulting from your efforts
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Full benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, and many more options.
- Safety measures that put our employees first: providing PPE (personal protection equipment) and safety processes which keep our employees safe and healthy
- Master lead generation first hand as you hone your selling skills
- Build rapport with potential customers to win appointments and meet your monthly sales and appointment setting quotas.
- Meet team and individual competitive pre and post-sales goals
- Be capable of handling customer rejection and swaying opinions
- Qualify prospective customers for residential solar solutions
- Schedule in-home appointments with Sunrun Field Sales Consultants
- Our SSAs also have the opportunity to spend approximately 10% of their weekly hours on "non-store" activity such as; engaging with our customers via phone, attending trainings, or participating in team activities
$14.00-$33.45 Per Hour
- Success in this role requires resilience, communication skills, self-motivation, and a passion for our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to retail locations within a 30-mile radius
- Ability to consistently work every day of the week including weekends, evenings and some holiday shifts (based on retailer schedules)
- Prior customer-facing, sales or field marketing related experience is a plus
This position's essential function is to represent Sunrun in a retail environment. Our SSAs also have the opportunity to spend approximately 10% of their weekly hours on "non-store" activity such as; engaging with our customers via phone, attending trainings, or participating in team activities.
During the retail shifts, the work involves constant standing and walking for the entire shift in a retail warehouse environment with the exception of meal, break and rest periods. Depending on your scheduled work locations, this position will either be standing in one location for the entire shift or walking and standing for the entire shift. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, stooping and kneeling are also required.
Back to top