Retail Solar Sales Advocate
- Owings Mills, MD
Are you looking for a fast-paced role where you can combine your revenue-generating, go-getting mindset with the ability to help people save money? If so, we'd like you to join our Solar Sales Advocate team at Sunrun, the number one residential solar provider company in the U.S.
Grow your sales career in the high-performance field of solar. A tenacious attitude and results-oriented drive will quickly have you on the path to a successful career in sales.
What you will enjoy as a part of the team:
- Opportunity for career progression and stability
- Competitive hourly base pay and lucrative performance incentives through our ELEVATE career development program
- Sales commissions for new solar appointments and contracts resulting from your efforts
- Full benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, and many more options
- PPE (personal protection equipment) and safety processes that keep our employees safe and healthy.
- Master lead generation first hand as you hone your selling skills
- Build rapport with potential customers to win appointments and meet your monthly sales and appointment setting quotas.
- Meet team and individual competitive pre and post-sales goals
- Be capable of handling customer rejection and swaying opinions
- Qualify prospective customers for residential solar solutions
- Schedule in-home appointments with Sunrun Field Sales Consultants
- Our SSAs also have the opportunity to spend approximately 10% of their weekly hours on "non-store" activity such as; engaging with our customers via phone, attending trainings, or participating in team activities
- Success in this role requires resilience, communication skills, self-motivation, and a passion for our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to retail locations within a 30-mile radius
- Ability to consistently work every day of the week including weekends, evenings and some holiday shifts (based on retailer schedules)
- Prior customer-facing, sales or field marketing related experience is a plus
This position's essential function is to represent Sunrun in a retail environment. Our SSAs also have the opportunity to spend approximately 10% of their weekly hours on "non-store" activity such as; engaging with our customers via phone, attending trainings, or participating in team activities.
During the retail shifts, the work involves constant standing and walking for the entire shift in a retail warehouse environment with the exception of meal, break and rest periods. Depending on your scheduled work locations, this position will either be standing in one location for the entire shift or walking and standing for the entire shift. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, stooping and kneeling are also required.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top