Retail Field Supervisor
Sunrun is experiencing tremendous business growth in its Retail channel and is seeking front-line managers to lead our local retail teams.
The Retail Store Supervisor will be responsible for a retail sales production in a region and will achieve these outcomes through direct management and supervision of Retail Solar Advisors in a market. The objective of the Retail Supervisor and his/her team will be to generate and close business through the Retail channel. The Retail Supervisor may be supervising individuals who are working in several different retailers and will be expected to be the face of Sunrun leadership with each retail location's floor and store management teams.
The Supervisor will be expected to recruit, hire, train, and performance manage employees under his/her management, as well as to ensure that both Sunrun's and its retailer partners' compliance expectations and service level agreements are met. The position may also include some in-field time as part of training and coaching. This individual will also be instrumental in supporting his/her employees in their professional development at Sunrun.
- Work with Human Resources and Recruiting teams to source, hire, and onboard top talent for Retail Solar Advisor roles
- Lead Retail Solar Advisors - motivate, performance manage, support with professional development opportunities
- Deliver new hire and ongoing training to team members and provide in-field coaching to increase the productivity of in-store reps
- Drive towards team lead generation and sales goals set by Retail Market Managers and Director of Retail Execution
- Daily supervision of performance of Retail Solar Advisors & Canvassers to performance goals
- Plan and coordinate staffing levels at retail locations, and optimize staffing hours and personnel
- Serve as each retail location's main Sunrun point of contact and liaison, ensuring 100% retailer satisfaction, developing relationships with in-store management, and coordinating in-store events (training, info sessions, promotions)
- Conduct field audits to ensure compliance in-store (talk tracks, merchandising, uniforms, etc)
- Track daily, weekly, monthly results and trends and communicate effectively to leadership
- Hold weekly team meetings
- Support regional and national leadership in rolling out new processes and change management
- Operationalize productivity-enhancing plays locally and provide feedback to guide regional and national process improvement efforts
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- Four year college degree required
- 3+ years prior experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
- 2+ years in people management highly preferred, with proven record of meeting team performance standards
- Retail and/or consumer sales experience highly preferred
- Prior experience with lead generation preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with email, Excel, Word and CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Experience with recruiting and people management platforms preferred but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to create a positive team environment
- Generous base salary plus bonus
- Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture
- Medical (including PPO, HMO, and HSA options), dental and vision coverage
- Attractive paid time off and holiday pay, and 401(k) savings plan
- Opportunity to work for a company that is changing the world for the better!
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Oshaylee is responsible for communicating with customers and leading her crew members when conducting installations. She’s accountable for work safety and time efficiency.
Back to top