Project Finance Associate
Here's some information about the position:
Working for an established leader in solar energy finance, you will gain valuable experience supporting Sunrun’s expansion in the high-growth residential sector. In your role, you will help structure, negotiate, execute and manage project- and corporate-level debt and equity transactions. You will work collaboratively with investors and various groups in the company and develop expertise in areas such as tax equity, securitization, bank debt, financial planning & analysis, as well as asset management and reporting. As a member of the Project Finance team, you will have the opportunity to use your excellent business and analytical skills to support senior-level decision-making and drive company success.
This is who we are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
Here's what you will do as part of the team:
- Create and analyze financial models for portfolios of residential solar systems
- Support investor due diligence and provide timely responses to due diligence inquiries
- Assist with the structuring and execution of project finance and corporate transactions
- Analyze and report project profitability and return on investment
- Collaborate with colleagues in various functional areas of the company to meet operational and reporting requirements of transactions
- Provide timely ad hoc analysis to support company financial planning and decision-making
And here is what you'll need to be successful:
- 1-2 years’ experience at a major investment bank or private equity firm (experience in energy, power or renewable energy preferred) or a renewable energy company
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail-oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex business and financial problems
- In-depth understanding of finance/valuation concepts and financial statements
- Extensive financial modeling experience
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, economics or business
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top