Market Growth Manager
Sunrun is now the leading residential solar company in the United States and continues to expand our offerings (new markets and products), grow our customer base, and deliver more value for shareholders. As a result, we have the opportunity to drive significant growth and the need to increase revenue per unit, streamline operations, improve our operating margin, and enable better collaboration across Sunrun. We are looking for a team of managers to:
- Drive the strategic planning required to meet these needs;
- Partner with our senior functional leaders to examine their businesses and refine and implement their strategic plans; and
- Lead evaluations of business practices and implement major strategic initiatives.
This high visibility function will work cross functionally with multiple teams including Product, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Software/IT, Finance and Regulatory.
- Guide development of short term (1-2 years) and longer term (2-5 years) strategic plan
- Advise C4 on corporate priorities to ensure execution to plan
- Work with functional teams to evaluate functions, develop strategic operating plans, and propose significant initiatives
- Work with go-to-market leaders to develop and propose significant strategic changes for new and existing markets
- Work with Project Management team to measure and evaluate effectiveness of initiatives
- Support senior executives with board presentations, standing cross-functional meetings, and other ad hoc materials, analyses, and meetings
- Evaluate significant operating business decisions for COO to ensure alignment with plan
- Provide independent recommendations to COO and VP Strategy on strategies to address emerging industry trends and competitive threats, channel expansion opportunities, internal rules changes, and business process improvements
Sunrun views this team as a jumping off point for operational leadership roles across the business. Successful managers should seek to learn the business, gain recognition for impact, and transition to senior operating or support positions in Sunrun within Sunrun in 2-3 years.
- Minimum 4 years of a successful track record in strategy, financial analysis, product management or similar background.
- Four year college degree. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Strategic acumen to identify and plan for the capabilities and talent needed to support Sunrun’s aggressive growth plan.
- Ability to work well in a flexible, "roll up your sleeves" and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong problem solving, analytical capabilities, troubleshooting and collaboration skills.
- A successful track record of working with all levels of an organization from individual contributor to C-level executives.
- Regular travel for in-person meetings with team, customers and partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and instincts. Highly self-motivated; able to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment.
- Desire to stay on the leading edge of the solar and renewable energies industry.
- Drive, motivation, passion and an exceptional personal work ethic; ability to uphold the highest possible ethical and professional standards.
- Must be highly proficient with G-Suite, Word, Powerpoint, Excel and CRM systems. (SalesForce)
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top