Lead Journeyman Electrician
Sunrun is the nation's leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet's biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
The Lead Certified Electrician provides electrical expertise and oversees the installation of solar batteries for residential solar projects. The ideal candidate will have exceptional electrical experience and interest in emerging solar technology and a passion for installing this new technology on our customers homes. This position will work with PV and battery installation crews to oversee the end-to-end installation of solar batteries.
- Safely lead solar battery installations including design review, pre-installation planning and site walk evaluations, ensuring material is properly stocked and the appropriate electrical equipment is installed to local and NEC code
- Responsible for the successful installation of residential solar projects including the installation of the electrical systems that interconnect the solar array to the grid power of customer's residential property
- Work with branch team and home owners to fulfill any necessary system repairs to support solar equipment installation
- Assist in the training and mentoring of team members to enhance the overall electrical competency of installation crews
- When assigned, safely plan and complete main panel upgrades
- 10 - 30% travel as required
- Minimum 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience and at least 1 year of experience installing home backup products. Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Home automation and smart home software fluency preferred
- Must possess and maintain valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification or equivalent per local and state requirements
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check and drive company vehicles. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Electrical/PV Installation Knowledge: Working knowledge of current NEC codes. Ability to interpret single line drawings and install and service PV systems from roof to meter. Demonstrates knowledge of electrical principles as it pertains to solar interconnection/tie-in and code and how PV systems operate. Understands interconnection activities. Ability to waterproof installation of main panel or service panel upgrade or replacement. Understands basic construction principles
- Electrical Battery Installation Coach: Facilitates advancement of electrical skills and knowledge in others by providing clear, specific performance feedback, and by making suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem
- Safety : Adheres to company safety policies and procedures including ability to identify and report safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work safely
- Customer Service: Ability to establish rapport, build relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating
- Results Driven: Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics. Works independently, as a team player, and drives results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals
- Problem Solving : Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in confined spaces which requires kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to frequently utilize gross motor skills including but not limited to: pushing, pulling, and reaching
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top