The Interconnection Representative will report to the Project Operations Supervisor and is responsible for the daily administration of solar interconnection application submissions.
The Interconnection Representative interacts regularly with multiple departments, primarily Engineering, Customer Care and Project Management. This position will work in a large team, but must be able to stay organized and prioritize with minimal direct supervision. The ideal candidate will work to maximize the efficiency of internal operations by performing the essential job duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Monitor Interconnection Dashboard for interconnection-related tasks
- Prepare, review and compile interconnection documentation per various utility requirements within service level agreement timelines
- Record all notes, statuses and relevant interactions in our workflow management tool
- Follow up on company or utility induced delays in order to ensure all documentation is submitted and reviewed by the utility in a timely manner
- Process corrections from utilities and involve responsible parties to return requested information in a timely manner
- Determine root cause of challenges and perform necessary research to summarize what is needed for resolution.
- Identify trends and challenges with interconnection application challenges and recommend possible solutions
- Problem solve incoming escalations quickly and communicate resolution in a professional manner
- Use various forms of communication (face to face, phone, e-mail, paper mail) to complete essential job duties
- Be solution oriented by collaborate with utilities and internal departments on a regular basis
- Four year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong Internet and research skills
- Detail oriented and process oriented with the ability to understand key business concepts at a macro level
- Effective communication skills across all levels and departments of the organization
- Be flexible and able to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks with a high level of organization
- Understand the organizational structure and processes and use that understanding to make appropriate business decision and process movement
- Excellent analytical and structured problem solving skills
- Possess a positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to rapidly evolving business processes
- Ability to work independent
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Physical: Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination to perform keyboard functions and data entry; prolonged periods in front of a computer (either sitting or standing); usage of office equipment
- Visual: Reading and/or research on a computer screen
- Audio: Inbound/outbound telephone calls; noise from office environment
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top