Who We Are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
Sunrun Installation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for solar Installers. Our Installers are integral members of our installation crews who work in a team environment installing solar arrays at residential customer’s homes. Installers and their teams ensure accurate and timely solar installations, update Branch Managers on project and specifics, and utilize best installation and safety practices.
- Installation of the mechanical systems of ground or roof mounted solar system;
- Assemble the racking and solar array;
- Assemble equipment along with properly sealing all roof penetrations;
- Trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly;
- Project clean up including client site and installation vehicle;
- Attention to detail
- Physically capable of performing work duties
- Ability to follow instructions, learn quickly, and know when to ask questions
- Motivated team player, looking to succeed
- A good driving record
- Documentation skills
- Professional appearance and customer interaction
- Construction related experience
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work safely in a branch/warehouse/rooftop environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
Sunrun and Sunrun Installation Services offer competitive salary and benefits.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.