The Fleet Specialist works to improve fleet operations by identifying gaps and overlaps, developing, standardizing, and auditing policies and procedures for Fleet.
The Fleet Specialist acts as a liaison to other departments and represents the interest of fleet by ensuring fleet compliance and standardization. The Fleet Specialist will collect and analyze Fleet data to inform best practice and continuous improvement. The Fleet Specialist must be a driven, process focused, and business minded individual, who excels in highly collaborative and cross functional environments.
- Review performance indicator reports, create action items, develop strategic reporting
- Set-up toll accounts (i.e. fast track)
- Work with Branches for vehicle recalls and replacements
- Work with vendor for vehicle wraps and branding including replacements
Fleet Monitoring & Analytics
- Physically travel (up to 30%) to each of Sunrun’s branches for a hands-on audit of fleet. Maintain data records and evaluate vehicles completely for all required policy and safety requirements
- Train local contacts at each branch to perform minimum audits on fleet vehicles to satisfy policy and safety requirements
- Create detailed reports on various fleet metrics and KPIs
- Evaluate and facilitate fleets Toll Program management with ARI and field
- Ensure Toll Transponders are adequately installed in fleet vehicles
- Become an expert in Fleetmatics, determine and implement best practice
- Ensure Fleetmatics devices properly installed and in good working order on fleet audits
- Assist with financial and fleet alignment for annual reporting on fleet needs
Vehicle and Driver Tracking
- Maintain Sunrun fleet spreadsheet and audit monthly
- Create and maintain vehicle files
- Audit Sales Stipend program monthly for accuracy and help develop strategic initiatives around stipend program.
- Audit fuel transactions, fuel cards and pin numbers
- Order and distribute fuel cards
- Issue fuel pin numbers via vendor site
- Replace fuel lost cards
- Correct problems with denied cards and fuel pins
- Add, delete and audit fuel pin numbers on vendor website (WEX) for new and terminated employees
Federal/State Motor Carrier Permit Program (Assist)
- Research federal and state motor carrier requirements
- Work with Branch Managers to ensure box trucks are compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related degree preferred
- 3 years in fleet risk insurance experience or insurance market experience
- Experience with insurance market, products, renewal process and regulations
- Experience with policy implementation and administration
- Experience with claims management and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Aptitude and ability to dissect and validate data and problem solve
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Establish and maintain schedules and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top