Field Sales Consultant
We believe there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes. With Sunrun's residential rooftop solar, storage and energy services, homeowners are saving money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and carbon dioxide (CO2) they release into the atmosphere. After 10 years, Sunrun is still a steadfast believer in the power of the sun, and we aren't alone. Continued, growing demand for our products and services proves that more and more Americans want better energy options. Our mission is simple - create a planet run by the sun. The history of our company is a biography of great talent. We hire, build, and grow great teams, and Sunrun's talent distinguishes us from all other companies. We look for passionate, solution oriented individuals who have the courage to help customers change the way they power their lives. Sunrun's most important long-term competitive advantage is our customer experience. How fast and efficiently we can deliver our solar and storage solutions will determine how fast renewable energy grows (and how fast fossil fuel power plants stop polluting our earth). Our ability to win over consumers will set the pace, and the Field Sales Consultant plays a key role in helping Sunrun deliver a stunning customer experience. Join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunrunners on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
This is a residential (home) based role, with frequent travel required in your region and to a local office as needed.
- Meet minimum required sales targets as set by the Regional Sales Manager
- Source and develop self-generated leads and appointments with potential Sunrun customers
Conduct in-home sales presentations for potential customers
- Develop effective self-generation sales strategies
- Evaluate customers' knowledge and needs, building productive long lasting relationships
- Accurately disposition and report on outcomes via our CRM tool
- Ensure a clean transition of post-sale activity to other teams by delivering complete customer information
- Provide an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on
- Manage the pipeline of activity from prospect to install by following up with all leads and in-home consultations
- Properly prepare for appointments by building proposals, preparing for objections, and calling customers to confirm appointments
- Attend required trainings, and follow Sunrun Sales processes
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest Sunrun and industry developments by attending sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events
- Engage in local proactive lead generation activities as defined by the metro market
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
- Proven track record of sales and/or lead generation experience
- In-home and/or solar sales experience preferred
- Must have home internet broadband access; 35 kbps bandwidth per workstation
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to spend approximately 80% of work time traveling within your local market
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally to address customer needs
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
This position involves getting in and out of a car multiple times per day and traveling to and from customer locations. May stand for extended period of time while consulting with customers.
This position is full time and driving is a required part of the role.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How To Apply
Apply online or email resume to this job at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top