Field Sales Consultant
Sunrun is the largest dedicated residential solar company in the United States. Sunrun believes there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes. With Sunrun’s residential rooftop solar, storage and energy services, homeowners are saving money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and carbon dioxide (CO2) they release into the atmosphere. After 10 years, Sunrun is still a steadfast believer in the power of the sun, and we aren’t alone. Continued, growing demand for our products and services proves that more and more Americans want better energy options. Our mission is simple – create a planet run by the sun.
The history of our company is a biography of great talent. We hire, build, and grow great teams, and Sunrun’s talent distinguishes us from all other companies. We look for passionate, solution oriented individuals who have the courage to help customers change the way they power their lives.
Sunrun’s most important long-term competitive advantage is our customer experience. How fast and efficiently we can deliver our solar and storage solutions will determine how fast renewable energy grows (and how fast fossil fuel power plants stop polluting our earth). Our ability to win over consumers will set the pace, and the Field Sales Consultant plays a key role in helping Sunrun deliver a stunning customer experience.
- Create in–home sales appointments to close new business;
- 100% referral and self-generated sales, perfect for the entrepreneurial spirited
- Create and run 5-20 in-home consultations a week in order to achieve selling 5+ new customers per month;
- Closing the sale using various proven customer sales methods;
- Developing sales strategies/models;
- Evaluating customers’ skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships;
- Providing an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on;
- Meet personal and team sales targets;
- Research accounts and generate or follow through self-generated sales leads;
- Attend sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events to keep abreast of the latest Sunrun and industry developments;
- Create, maintain, and expand customer database within your assigned sales territory;
- Live Sunrun’s core values to the fullest, to be positive and adaptable, be customer obsessed, be inventive, be real, be lean, and be a pro!
- Canvass to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Sunrun’s products appeal to an increasingly larger population, and canvassing is one of the fastest ways to connect with a growing market and identify new customers for Sunrun products.
- Attend Local Events to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Field Sales Specialist can also source new customers by attending local community events and partnerships. The Regional Sales Manager will provide basic training and a personalized landing page to support self-generated sales.
- Engage in Outreach to Sunrun’s Customer Base to Develop & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Field Sales Specialists may contact Sunrun’s existing customer base to ask about the health of the customer's solar system, and earn introductions to the customers' friends and neighbors.
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
- For Field Sales Consultants selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
- Proven track record of sales and/or lead generation experience
- In-home and/or solar sales experience preferred
- Must have home internet broadband access; 35 kbps bandwidth per workstation
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred.
- Must be able to spend approximately 80% of work time traveling within your local market.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally to address customer needs.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and must be able to pass MVR requirements ongoing.
This position involves constant standing and moving in a retail warehouse environment. It requires standing in one location for the entire shift, except during meal and rest periods. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, stooping, and kneeling are also required.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top