Field Sales Consultant
Field Solar Consultant
Sunrun is the leading player in the home solar market. We help homeowners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company with clean, attractively priced energy produced by a solar system that Sunrun owns and operates. Customers love our offering.
Sunrun’s Field Solar Consultants will have a significant impact on Sunrun’s monthly sales performance, working to acquire new customers, and maximize the customer purchasing experience.
Base Salary plus Uncapped Commission
Triple commission for referrals and self-generated deals
Work in a Retail Store Setting, also going on in home appointments that you generate
*70k-120k+ total compensation depending on your individual performance
The Field Solar Consultant will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager and will work closely with Regional Marketing Managers to satisfy customer requests and fulfill the sales lead to customer process.
- Work in a retail store setting talking and engaging with prospective customers, generating leads, generating sales appointments, and going on those sales appointments
- Go on home sales appointments to close new business, and generate new business by referral, professional relationships with home improvement companies and others; also table events and expos.
- Self generate your own business through many different sources, such as the retail store setting, generating referrals, door to door, social media; and many more channels tbd.
- Maintain close communication and relationship with every customer all the way until install, and beyond for referrals.
- Provide Sunrun’s and our Sales Management Team with reports, analysis and recommendations to continuously improve the performance of our sales efforts. Updated notes in Salesforce etc.
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proven track record of Outside Sales related experience, in-home and/or solar sales experience a plus
- Great computer technology skills, Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience, ms office, and google apps such as gmail etc.
- 80% local travel within your defined region
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with indirect accountability to multiple stakeholders
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top