Field Operations Trainer
To train and coach the Direct Installation team, on identified best practices, and policies set forth by Sunrun's Quality and Efficiency team.
- Train and coach field installers
- Responsible for driving proficiency among install staff
- Installation training expert; able to teach all aspects of installing Sunrun on residences
- Regional market expert—able to provide market-specific training, local tweaks, market insight as adjunct to generic training
- Able to identify weaknesses of individuals and teams, and create or co-create ad hoc training events to address weaknesses
- Support other trainers in delivery of strategic training events in the region
- Roll out trainings in smaller regions
- Regularly consults with Installation trainers and construction supervisors to identify training needs
- Support regional field training events
- Works with Construction supervisors on individual performance of install staff
- This position requires approximately 60% travel, however will cover all main growth in Illinois
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- 3+ years of successful experience in Construction Installation
- Track record of successfully training and/or coaching Install staff
- Must have proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Enjoys teaching others
- Excellent verbal and writing skills required
- Excellent presence in presentation situations
- Stamina and a customer-friendly attitude
- Solar background is a plus, but not necessary
- Be able to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate office equipment and determine accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to perform normal office duties.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work.
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
- Ability to construct and install solar panels on roofs
- Is not weary of heights of roofs
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top