Certified Electrician: Position Summary
We believe there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes. As a pioneer of solar-as-a-service model, we are truly saving the planet, one solar panel at a time. We have long-established relationships with some of the nation’s largest and most trusted national retailers which provide us with a great platform for driving further awareness and brand recognition.
A career at Sunrun opens countless opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, push limits and uncover your potential. Sunrun services 23 states, with dual headquarters in San Francisco and Denver. Sunrun continues to rapidly expand as customer awareness and demand for solar increases. With this growth we have great career opportunities and upward mobility for highly motivated, success-minded Installation employees. Come join our exciting team at Sunrun!
Certified Electricians will provide the technical expertise to lead the installation of residential solar projects and ensure that they conform to existing national and local building codes. The Certified Electrician will maintain a state certification in the field of Electrical Journeyman or higher. This position will work with the PV installation crew, filling in and performing other duties when necessary, including leading the crew in the absence of the Foreman.
Join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunrunners on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the electrical systems installation that interconnects the solar array to the grid power on the customer’s residential property
- Ensure electrical work quality and compliance with current NEC and local codes
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Work with branch team and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support the solar equipment
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and regulations
- Interface with branch leadership to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
- Additional duties assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Must possess a current and valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification
- Minimum 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings
- Able to perform advanced electrical calculations
- Knowledge of current NEC and ability to navigate it
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing and ability to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Must be willing to work at various heights
- Willing to work with and develop apprentices. You will facilitate their success
- Willing to perform work as directed in high pressure situations
- Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements including a background check and drug screen
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces which requires kneeling and crouching
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to work while wearing heavy protective equipment such as arc flash suits, gloves, and face shields
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height
- Ability to work in the sun and possibly low light conditions
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage
- Ability to distinguish colors such as red, black, yellow, white, green
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
- Ability to work with chemicals using appropriate protections
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top