Director, Financial Planning
This position will lead the Strategic Finance & Analytics business facing finance teams that report to the COO. You will lead the sales and operations finance teams, be the source of truth for all financial questions related to the Sunrun origination and installation business, and be expected to distill the complex analyses the team is generating into pithy summaries for the leadership team.
You will be expected to partner with senior business leaders, supporting and collaborating with them, but also questioning assumptions, strategies and conclusions as appropriate. Compelling candidates will be able to build trusting relationships and identify the key drivers/take-aways of analyses quickly. Additionally, this role will prioritize inbound requests, keep the team on track during the monthly and quarterly planning calendar, and collaborate closely with the Director of Corporate Finance.
If you enjoy collaborating and communicating with business leadership, have an analytical mind, and want to help Sunrun continue to scale and improve its' financial position, this role is for you. It will provide you exposure to the growing Sunrun direct business and allow you to help the teams bridge strategy across sales and operations. This position reports to the VP of SF&A, but is also expected to have direct exposure to the COO.
- Partner with head of sales, head of installation, head of supply chain, and other leaders to understand financial results and forecast future performance of the business
- Maintain and improve reporting on financial results to field leaders
- Understand & derive insights from financials, crafting compelling analyses and reports and communicating insights to senior management and other stakeholders as basis for key decisions
- Identify opportunities for additional improvement across the operations of Sunrun
- Manage and develop team spanning multiple locations
- Supervise and direct analytical, modeling and financial support for ad hoc requests
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- Bachelor's degree from top-tier university in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- MBA a plus
- 8-12 years prior work experience in Finance (FP&A + Investment Banking, FP&A + Consulting, FP&A + Big4)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning platforms preferred, not required.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Oshaylee is responsible for communicating with customers and leading her crew members when conducting installations. She’s accountable for work safety and time efficiency.
Back to top