Content Strategist & Writer
WHO WE ARE
Sunrun is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity. Sunrun designs, installs, finances, insures, monitors and maintains the systems, while families receive predictable pricing for 20 years or more.
Solar is an emerging marketplace and solar-as-a-service can be a complex system. By joining our dynamic cross-functional experience team at Sunrun, you will be helping us not only solve a meaty problem but also be part of a larger movement.
As a content strategist/writer, you will help craft the overarching narrative that requires a lot of myth busting, coaching, trust building, and customer engagement. You’ll be working across various touchpoints: From prospect to sign-off to onboarding experience; from installation to production to consumption across a 20 year solar contract. This is a unique role, where you will collaborate with cross-functional teams like operations, sales, software, customer care and marketing to drive a compelling customer experience across multiple platforms. As a stellar writer, you will help us simplify the complex and communicate it in clear and inspiring ways, across a variety of mediums.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Create natural, conversational copy that expresses complex ideas, while engaging people at an emotional level
- Create customer communication framework and strategy across channels
- Conduct experiments / collect feedback (qual & quant) to refine and revise copy content
- Express our brand voice across sales collateral, onboarding welcome kits, customer care emails, online blogs, articles, FAQs etc.
- Coach and provide tools for others to follow brand voice and writing style
- Become an integral part of a cross-functional team that defines Sunrun’s content strategy and help influence decisions
- 5+ years of work experience as a content strategist or writer in a creative environment
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or any other relevant degree
- Strong portfolio with writing samples that exhibit the strategic thinking and experimentation leading to business impact
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision.
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Human-centered: You understand basic human-centered design philosophy, embrace ambiguity, and excited to coach others to adopt new practices. .
- Beyond design: You know how to navigate a data and operations driven environment to prove that design thinking can help with sustainable business decisions.
Applications should include resume and portfolio of work.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top