Associate Warehouse Specialist
Title: Warehouse Associate
Who We Are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
Sunrun Installation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for a Warehouse Assistant.
The Warehouse Assistant plays a pivotal role on the Branch Operations Team and is responsible for all activities in the warehouse related to the receiving, stocking, and delivery of materials to the local Branch Installation Teams. Responsible for maintaining organization and inventory accuracy, the Warehouse Specialist works with little to no supervision while managing all warehouse operations according to standards and best practice.
- Perform transactions in Oracle ERP for all material movement through the warehouse, including: receiving, stocking, and issuing.
- Drive inventory accuracy and integrity through cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Maintain auditable records and operate based on defined standards in the shipping and receiving of all warehouse materials.
- Responsible for managing all material movement through the warehouse, the Warehouse
Specialist operates the forklift to unload shipments, process receipts, and stock the shelves.
- Operate as Material Specialist and collaborates with Branch Management to define and manage the Branch Stock Plan
- Coordinate with the Branch Leadership Team to develop the material delivery plan based on the project installation schedule.
- On a daily basis pick, package, and deliver all materials to the Installation Team.
- Responsible for delivery of material through restocking trucks, fulfilling Installer orders, and staging project materials in advance of construction start.
- Work closely with the Service Team to manage all materials, documentation, and RMA processing for service and warranty projects.
- In smaller branches the Warehouse Specialist may work in a dual role until volume can support specialization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be twenty one years of age or older
- 3+ Years of Warehouse Experience
- Initiative: Ability to think and take constructive action at work without being urged; skill and ability in taking the lead in forwarding new ideas or work methods
- Safety Orientation: Demonstrates awareness of company safety policies and procedures; includes ability to identify and report safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work safely
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands
- Teamwork: Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal
- Problem Solving: Using a systematic and effective approach in analyzing information in order to come up with good business solutions to problems
- Knowing the Business: Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations, products, etc.
- Foundational Skills: Ability to understand written material and ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using fractions or decimals.
- Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits and pass any pre-employment drug screening and background check. Forklift certified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Requires periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, and lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
Ability to stand for entire shift on concrete floors
Ability to regularly lift 50+ lbs without assistance and 100+ lbs with assistance
Ability to work in a non-climatically controlled environment throughout the year
Sunrun Installation Services offers competitive salary and benefits
EOE. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top