Associate PV System Designer
The Associate PV Designer is responsible for learning and refining their process of designing code-compliant residential solar photovoltaic systems following engineering department policy. Developing an understanding of structural and electrical engineering concepts and calculations is a necessity for this position. This is an entry level position focussed on developing individuals to become qualified PV Designers. This is a fast paced yet detail oriented position.
- Create, review and modify pv system drawing sets in AutoCAD and custom software tools
- Adhere to pv system design criteria including structural, electrical, equipment, and installation parameters
- Comply with local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions
- Create project bills of material
- Degree or Certificate from a Technical College or field experience in a relevant trade;
- Knowledge of residential or commercial construction process;
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering, construction, and customer facing teams;
- Proficiency in drafting using AutoCAD, Sketchup, or related software;
- Excellent computing skills;
- Strong desire to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
- Experience with designing and/or constructing solar electric systems;
- Strong working knowledge of residential framing, roofing, and electrical;
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and local building codes;
- Experience with AutoCad and Salesforce;
- Experience in creating material takeoffs;
Culture and Values
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top