Associate Field Service Technician
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
- Organize, lead, and maintain the warranty and service schedule. Ensuring the timely communication and completion of service and warranty work with an emphasis on safety, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Work with the Electrical Foreman, Construction Supervisor and the Branch Manager to allocate labor resources to service and warranty projects as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar electric warranty and service issues that arise with: modules, inverters, monitoring and balance of system components
- Investigate and mitigate any reported roof leaks including thorough documentation: complete roof leak checklist, photos and written observations.
- Communicate with the Construction Supervisor, and Engineering Team members to resolve any redline issues
- Receive, update and complete Field Service Dispatches (FSDs) with Service Dashboard in Salesforce
- Assist with other branch tasks including inspections and site audits when assigned
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma is required, college degree is preferred
- Valid state or local Electrical Journeyman certification or license preferred
- Knowledge of the NEC and applicable codes and standards
- 3+ years of previous field construction experience preferred
- Previous experience in the solar industry preferred
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- PV design or PV Electrical experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and interaction
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to drive to multiple sites throughout the day. Must maintain a clean driving record with ability to pass driving background check
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with regard to safety
- Ability to work safely in a branch/warehouse environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in confined spaces which requires kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to frequently utilize gross motor skills including but not limited to: pushing, pulling, and reaching
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing 80 pounds or less such as inverters or ladders
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top