AEE Territory Sales Manager
- Sacramento, CA
Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for the performance of their identified geographical sales territory, with a primary focus on developing new deal accounts and maintaining existing dealer accounts. TSM will be responsible for developing and executing a territory sales strategy, including customer acquisition strategy, sales goals, customer communication, reporting, etc. TSM's receive some leads from the company and are also responsible for generating their own leads and developing new dealers. The TSM should be able to combine knowledge of alternative energy technologies and installation with the entrepreneurial skills and people skills necessary in an outside sales environment. TSM's will also participation in Ad-Hoc work teams, process mapping, systems and skill training, personal development and master an understanding company strategy and goals. TSM's maintain a (remote) home office and travel to meet with existing and potential dealers.
- Develop new dealer accounts: Contact new dealers within the territory, assess their potential, and follows up appropriately according to the potential of the dealer.
- Develop and Maintain Existing Dealers accounts: Monitor the performance of all dealers and respond to changes in dealer performance accordingly. Send end-user referrals to dealers, tracking the success of the referral. Respond to the needs of the dealers.
- The TSM is responsible for the performance of the territory as projected in the sales portion of the annual budget. TSM to consistently monitor actual performance vs. budget and to respond appropriately to the results
- Attend internal and external sales meetings and dealer conferences.
Participate in Ad-Hoc work teams, process mapping, systems and skill training, personal development and master an understanding company strategy and goals
- Three to five years of previous solar sales experience and knowledge of solar industry. Computer experience required, experience
- Degree in relevant field is a plus, not required
- Proficient with computer software programs such as the full Microsoft suite, ERP software (oracle a plus).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, communicate to external and internal professional individuals and organizations, multi-task, self-starter, work with little supervision, and uphold a professional demeanor.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision, this position requires continual analytical research methods, precise calculations and the ability to "think outside of the box", as well being prepared for continual change. Should possess excellent organizational and self management skills.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top