Account Representative - East
- Chevy Chase, MD
At Sunrun, we know there is a better way. By generating and storing energy in ourhomes, we can share power across neighborhoods and our entire energy system. Wehave been building this future for over a decade, and every year it grows brighter. Now is the time to make your own energy. Share it with your neighbors. Build a clean, affordable, reliable future for the whole nation. Sunrun is the #1 residential solar company in the US. We revolutionized the solar industry in the United States, powering the homes of hundreds of thousands of solar customers with renewable energy.
We are looking for a talented Strategic Account Representative to join our high-performing Channel Partner Sales team to build a productive bridge between Sunrun and its large regionally based Channel Partners. This position reports to the Strategic Account Manager, Channel Partner Sales and is essential to the health and commercial performance of Sunrun's partner network.
You will be given a high level of autonomy to create success. Our team culture encourages you to develop innovative solutions to problems while offering you the opportunity to engage with our industry-leading partners. You'll be joining a highly collaborative team that embraces best practices and is focused on developing relationships with our channel partners that deliver unmatched professionalism and irreplaceable value.
- You will provide tactical sales and operations enablement support for many of Sunrun's valued existing and emerging Channel Partners throughout our national network. You value our team, our partners and our customers from a human-centered focus on empathy and respect for various perspectives and backgrounds. You will collaborate with your team and internal, cross-functional parties to improve processes in support of partner success.
- Your impact will be measured by your ability to support Sunrun's channel partner business through problem-solving and effective communication.
- You have the courage to harvest new relationships, develop existing relationships and possess the talent to influence at all levels of an organization.
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented with acute attention to detail and organization. You possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently through effective time management and deliver on commitments with integrity. You are succinct, able to produce data and distill complicated materials articulated both verbally or written and by understanding your varying audiences.
- You will be expected to overcome challenges and find new paths forward to enable growth through passion and innovation. You will collaborate with your Account Manager and Portfolio Manager counterparts to deliver best-in-class service.
- You embrace curiosity and a will to learn. You seek creative solutions to business process refinement to enhance partnership value and strive for irreplaceable ease of conducting business with Sunrun.
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years of related sales and large account management experience selling via indirect channels such as authorized dealers and distributors
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success with solution oriented support provided with high energy and positive attitude
- Ability to be successful in an ambiguous environment inclusive of continuous improvements and stretch targets
- Ability to produce data, draw conclusions and develop key insights
- Experienced in using G Suite, Excel and CRM Software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Must be able to travel regularly to partner headquarters locations and to Sunrun's headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Ability to travel 10-30% of the time
- Enjoys the challenge of disrupting a big industry
- Be able to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate office equipment and determine the accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to perform normal office duties.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine the accuracy of work.
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top