Technical Support Engineer
- Noida, India
Sumo Logic is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. You will be focused on assisting customers with technical issues resolution and advice covering simple to very complex level problems. You will participate in direct customer interactions to quickly assess and troubleshoot issues, document product enhancements or defects, and provide best practice advice around the implementation and use of the Sumo Logic service.
- Manage customer issues related to the installation, configuration, and implementation of the Sumo Logic service on a timely basis with a high level of communication and appropriate establishment of expectations
- Document defect and enhancement requests on behalf of customers
- Write and review technical knowledge base articles, solutions, and FAQs for publication to a customer and company knowledge system
- Provide insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly engineering, product management and marketing
- Define processes, procedures, and tools for the support team to effectively interact with customers and with other stakeholders.
- 5+ year’s experience in supporting SaaS-based solutions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer management skills
- Knowledge of logging systems, such as Windows Event Viewer, Syslog, R Syslog, & Syslog-ng
- System administration level skills such as OS updates, installing packages, enabling/disabling services, creating users & groups and managing file system permissions
- Knowledge of SSH, creating and managing key-pairs, managing known hosts and troubleshooting connections using the SSH -v option.
- Comfortable with basic scripting and programming (Java, C++, Python, Powershell, Bash, etc).
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and Docker setup, configuration, troubleshooting, tuning and infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, ping, traceroute, Netcat, TCP dump, Wireshark, ns lookup, etc.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment with the ability to work with and deeply understand a new product or service.
- Ability to support multiple international time zones.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Back to top