Staff Software Engineer - Metrics Infrastructure
- Redwood City, CA
Staff Software Engineer – Metrics Infrastructure
Increasingly complex modern applications demand increasingly flexible and powerful tools in order to empower engineers to identify, resolve, investigate, and prevent issues and outages.
This role targets a candidate with expertise in the development of large-scale tools for monitoring and troubleshooting of production software systems or generally, distributed systems development. This engineer will serve as a hands-on technical leader on the team responsible for building the next generation platform for processing, analyzing, visualizing, and correlating vast quantities of heterogeneous machine data. The role will demand technical excellence from design through implementation, and beyond into production operations.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with the past, present, and future of monitoring and operations, and energized by the extreme challenges of building an efficient, cloud-based, multi-tenant, large-scale, low-latency platform that engineers depend upon in order to keep their mission-critical software running.
- Build the system that runs elastic big data analytics platform that runs in the AWS cloud.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Development management over terabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, microservices, Redis, and Cassandra.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field and 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Multi-threaded programming;
- Experience with real-time streaming workflow over large amounts of data
- Object-oriented programming using Java, Scala, or C++
- Algorithms and performance characteristics of large distributed software systems.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Back to top