Staff Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
- Redwood City, CA
As a Staff Software Engineer - Distributed Systems, you will actively contribute and lead engineers in the design and development of new distributed data processing capabilities. You will be instrumental in helping us solve complex low-latency, distributed systems challenges to handle our ever-increasing scale. Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis.
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and implementing extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Work to improve algorithms built to schedule load on clusters of thousands of machines elastically at runtime.
- Improve systems to provide performance guarantees to customers in a shared-everything multi-tenant architecture.
- Lead and contribute to the re-architecting of our internal message processing technology to multi-petabyte per day scale.
- Help manage exabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker.
Your experience and skills include:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline (M.S. a plus)
- 8+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Experience developing scalable distributed data processing solutions
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following a microservice architecture
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top