Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Data Collection
- Redwood City, CA
Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Data Collection
As a Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Data Collection, you will be a hands-on technical leader architecting, designing, and implementing a highly scalable data ingestion pipeline that processes hundreds of terabytes of data a day making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis in a fully cloud-native environment.
You will be helping us solve complex challenges in low-latency and zero data-loss scenarios that require demonstrated expertise in distributed systems, fault-tolerance, and multi-tenancy. This role demands technical excellence from design through implementation, and beyond into production operations.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement collection systems that are extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve on the congestion control algorithms designed to elastically manage spikes in customer data.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Be a lead member of the team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
What we need from you:
- BS in Computer Sciences or a related discipline (MS a plus).
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience deploying production level code, with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
- Experience developing scalable distributed data processing solutions
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following a microservice architecture
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
- Interest in developing elegant frameworks for other developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top