Staff Backend Engineer
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications.
Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of TB daily across many geographic regions. We also have short release cycles and no legacy versions to maintain. We write in Scala and use open-source technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Cassandra.
Learn more about us here.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Will serve as a hands-on technical leader on the team responsible for building the next generation platform for collecting, analyzing, visualizing, and correlating vast quantities of heterogeneous machine data.
- Build the system that runs our elastic big data analytics platform written in Scala that runs in the AWS cloud.
- B.Tech, M.Tech., or Ph.D. in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 10+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery if you only have a B.S. degree.
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Prior experience in one or more of:
- Building and shipping a production platform/service
- Assembling and owning a large-scale distributed service platform
- The desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org)
- Domain expertise in the development of large-scale distributed systems and infrastructure
Ideally you'll have:
- Proficiency with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Proficiency with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Borg)
- Experience with design, implementation, and operations of a large-scale data platform
- Extensive first-hand experience as an end-user of monitoring tools, and strong opinions around what good UX/APIs/capabilities for such a tool look like
- Experience working in a cross-functional product development team (UX, PM, UI, QE)
Meet Some of Sumo Logic's Employees
Dione H.Chief Customer Officer
Dione strategizes and designs the best possible customer experience. Her priority is helping Sumo Logic’s clients reach their goals faster.
Back to top