Sr. Frontend Engineer
- Austin, TX
Senior Frontend Engineer - UI
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
At Sumo Logic, we are building a data platform designed to power the analytics and investigations that are common in the Security Operation Centers of large enterprises. It is designed to accept hundreds of billions of events from security-relevant data sources (detection products, network sensors, log shippers, inventory systems) per day. It is cloud-native, with no plan to support an on-premise deployment. It is multi-tenant, and is designed to simultaneously process events from thousands of our customers. And, it is security-focused — it is designed to perform the kinds of stateful analyses that security analysts demand.
We are building this platform the way startups should — with ruthless prioritization, and with a live and demanding customer base. By joining us as a Senior Frontend Engineer for Cloud SIEM Enterprise, you have the opportunity to make our vision a reality, one feature at a time.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build and maintain beautiful user interfaces for our customers
- Work inside of a fast-paced iterative environment
- Implementing clean modern designs
- Make decisions based on actual client usage
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role or related technical field
- Experience developing web apps with modern UI frameworks (preferably React)
- Familiarity with React, TypeScript, Webpack, and Apollo/GraphQL is preferred
- You love collecting data about your UI as much as building it to make decisions based on usage
- Experience in common UI testing frameworks, including Jest and Cypress
- Knowledge of standards and best practices for UX/UI design
- Flexibility and willingness to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Bonus if you have experience in data visualizations with D3.js
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree is essential (Masters or PhD is a plus)
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top