Software Engineer - Windows Collection
Software Engineer - Windows Collections
The Data Collection team owns the ingestion pipeline - starting with a lightweight agent to collect, compress, encrypt and ship the data back to the Sumo Logic cloud.
Windows-based systems represent a large majority share of the enterprise IT infrastructure, including servers, personal computers and cloud services. These systems can generate petabytes of platform-specific log data, including Event Logs and Event Trace Logs, which must be ingested in near-real time and with a minimal resource footprint.
As a Windows Collection Engineer, you will architect and implement the collection systems to ingest this data locally (from the machine generating the events), remotely (from a different machine within our customers’ infrastructure), and from the cloud (Azure).
You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Design and develop a Windows-based collection system that will ingest and process terabytes of Windows Events using native Windows APIs and that can operate under a wide range of customer configurations.
- Design and develop troubleshooting tools to help customers identify and resolve configuration issues while collecting log data.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- 2+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
- Understanding of Windows Operating System internals.
- Object-oriented experience, for example in C++ or C#.
- Experience with Win32 API, Windows servers & remote machine access
- Understand performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Experience in JNI, Powershell
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top