Senior Technical Product Manager
- Warsaw, Poland
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of TB daily across many geographic regions.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will work closely with our Metrics Team in Warsaw - to guide products from conception to launch.
As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, to create market strategy and resolve issues and problems that will affect product's success. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at startup speed.
Ideally you'll have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role (Senior SD, Architect, Team Lead, Manager).
- Strong technical foundation in the IT industry, including an in-depth working knowledge of the IT software and cloud infrastructure, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS technologies.
- Proven experience and knowledge with machine data collection and monitoring technologies such as ColecttD, FluentD, StatsD, Graphite, Prometheus, Syslog
- Track record of achieving strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and evolving product strategy based on customer feedback, research, data and industry trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Self-motivation & team-orientation
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- A special combination of leadership skills, initiative, and team player capabilities. Ability to lead via influence, patience and determination.
What you'll do:
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Develop new products and enhance existing products by defining product requirements and manage the backlog
- Create and execute go-to-market strategy including development of various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, blogs, messaging documents, presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Define and deeply understand the metrics behind product performance (customer success and retention), set and communicate a mission that unites team around product goals
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, and usage to gain a deep understanding of solution/product requirements.
- Partner with local and remote scrum, marketing, sales and customer success teams to ensure alignment of scope and execution
- Represent the voice of the customers to scrum and other engineering meetings
- Partner with Engineering to ensure our service is meeting the scale (100TB/day and growing) and reliability goals, and make necessary prioritization decisions to support those goals
- Travel (approximately 10-20% both domestic and international, including HQ in Silicon Valley); customer visits, industry conferences, thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows
Why join Sumo:
- Work with motivated, well organized and highly skilled professionals who deliver at startup speed
- Easy access to customers, as well as UX, Sale, and Customer Success teams
- Chance to co-create senior, geographically distributed PM team
- Impact on our Product Management process
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary (full-time employment agreement)
- Stock options (We are pre-IPO)
- $2000 / year educational budget
- Medical insurance for you and your family/partner
- Free English lessons with a native speaker
- Free lunch subsidy
Back to top