Senior Software Engineer - Metrics Infrastructure
- Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer – Metrics Infrastructure
Increasingly complex modern applications demand increasingly flexible and powerful tools in order to empower engineers to identify, resolve, investigate, and prevent issues and outages.
This role targets a candidate with expertise in the development of large-scale tools for monitoring and troubleshooting of production software systems or generally, distributed systems development. This engineer will serve as a hands-on technical leader on the team responsible for building the next generation platform for processing, analyzing, visualizing, and correlating vast quantities of heterogeneous machine data. The role will demand technical excellence from design through implementation, and beyond into production operations.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with the past, present, and future of monitoring and operations, and energized by the extreme challenges of building an efficient, cloud-based, multi-tenant, large-scale, low-latency platform that engineers depend upon in order to keep their mission-critical software running.
- Build the system that runs elastic big data analytics platform that runs in the AWS cloud.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Development management over terabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, microservices, Redis, and Cassandra.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field and 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role.
- Multi-threaded programming;
- Experience with real-time streaming workflow over large amounts of data
- Object-oriented programming using Java, Scala, or C++
- Algorithms and performance characteristics of large distributed software systems.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top