Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Data Collection
- Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Data Collection
As a Senior Software Engineer working on our Data Collection team, you will be a hands-on engineer architecting, designing, and implementing a highly scalable data ingestion pipeline that processes hundreds of terabytes of data a day making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis in a fully cloud-native environment.
You will be helping us solve complex challenges in low-latency and zero data-loss scenarios that require demonstrated expertise in distributed systems, fault-tolerance, and multi-tenancy. This role demands technical excellence from design through implementation, and beyond into production operations.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement collection system that is extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve on the congestion control algorithms designed to elastically manage spikes in customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
What we need from you:
- BS in Computer Sciences or a related discipline (MSc, or PhD is a plus).
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience deploying production level code, with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
- Experience developing scalable distributed data processing solutions.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following a microservice architecture.
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g. Java, Scala).
- Interest in developing elegant frameworks for other developers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Back to top