Senior Software Engineer- Alerts & Insights
- Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer
As a remote Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on designing, architecting, and implementing highly scalable, distributed, and fault tolerant backend systems. You will be part of our operational intelligence portfolio and will be working on building systems to monitor and detect errors, anomalies, and outliers in log and metrics data and provide customers context to troubleshoot operational issues.
What you will be doing:
- Apply object oriented and functional programming languages, unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques to build next generation systems.
- Evaluate requirements, define technical specifications, estimate development costs, review design and communicate to stakeholders.
- Lead, organize, and participate in cross-team discussions on system design and architecture
- Develop instrumentation/profiling tools to monitor backend systems.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
What we need from you:
- BS in Computer Sciences or a related discipline (MSc, or PhD is a plus).
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience working on backend and distributed systems
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience working with one of the public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Expert knowledge in algorithms and performance characteristics of data structures used in distributed systems (maps, lists, queues, etc)
- Experience building micro services, deploying production level code, with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform - logs, time series metrics, and security analytics. We were founded in 2010 by experts in log management, big data, security systems, and enterprise-scale applications. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
We serve DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through our platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Back to top