Senior Payroll Manager
Senior Payroll Manager
We're looking for a hands-on senior manager of payroll who will oversee global payroll and manage a current team of 1. You'll partner closely with HR to ensure that processes and roles are aligned in order to support the Company’s rapid growth. You'll also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external payroll inquiries.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 400+ employees working in 35+ states and assist with International payroll for 10+ countries, as needed.
- Provide guidance related to Federal, State, and Local payroll compliance, including tax withholding, garnishments.
- Manage the timecard submission and approval process and follow-up with managers on any timecard questions or issues.
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain payroll policies and procedures
- Prepare/review accounting journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain the Payroll inbox and answer employee questions in a timely manner.
- Process employee requested changes.
- Lead the key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit).
- Coordinate standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Sales Operations and HR.
What we need from you:
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- 10+ years relevant work experience in payroll
- Global payroll and multi-state US payroll with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Public company experience a plus
- Paylocity and NetSuite experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll-related standards, regulations and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn and grow!
- Self-motivated, flexible and deadline-oriented.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
Meet Some of Sumo Logic's Employees
Dione H.Chief Customer Officer
Dione strategizes and designs the best possible customer experience. Her priority is helping Sumo Logic’s clients reach their goals faster.
Back to top