Senior Frontend Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
You will lead and participate in design reviews, architecture discussions, and other technical leader activities. You're comfortable working independently as well as supporting other team members. You’re pragmatic, tenacious, and self-motivated. You’ll be able to balance technical leadership and acumen with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
You should enjoy working on technically challenging projects, be willing to work on many different projects, and are interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Lead/drive the overall architecture for the UI Framework while partnering with other Tech Leads and UI team members.
- Lead/drive the roll-out of the UI engineering standards (coding, testing, automation, app structure)
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices
- Design and develop proof of concept prototypes for advanced features and designs
- Provide technical oversight and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts
- Evaluate, test and provide technology and design recommendations to management
- Write detailed documentation on system design and implementation
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market
- Contribute to framework implementation as necessary
- 4+ years experience
- Expert in the design, development, and use of component-based architectures, preferably with React and Redux
- Expertise in Modern web app building and testing frameworks
(e.g. webpack, jest, enzyme, karma, and/or jasmine)
- Expertise in HTML5, CSS, and CSS Preprocessors (Sass or Less)
- Strong understanding of UI performance metrics, as well as how to capture and interpret them.
- Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Automation and Quality (CI/CD)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading projects and mentoring engineers
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones
- Strong communication skills across the board, with a passion for finding and sharing best practices and driving greater discipline across organizations.
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Back to top