Open Source Software Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications.
Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions. We leverage leading open-source standards as a way to collect telemetry for our platform. As a good open-source citizen, we aim at doubling our contributions to the community. For our new Kubernetes Collections Team, we're looking for an Open Source Engineer.
As an Open Source Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to open source projects in Ruby, Go, Python, Scala or Java.
- Contribute to our internal backend.
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code in multiple languages (but you don't need to know all of them, but willing to learn).
- Analyze, maintain and improve scalability, performance and reliability.
- Cooperate efficiently in a team, understanding other teams needs and our business.
- Remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
- Actively improve your skills through continued learning.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
Sumo Logic Warsaw office has:
- More than 50 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Two product Teams: Metrics and Metadata.
- Several infrastructure Teams: SRE, Security, Software Delivery and AWS Optimization.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects, including Kubernetes Monitoring.
You need to have:
- Completed BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in one of the following languages : Scala, Java, Ruby, Go or Python.
- Ideally, a track record of meaningful open source contributions.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our offices (Warsaw or Krakow) or remote.
- 4+ years of solid programming experience after graduation.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary.
- Strong engineering teams.
- RSU package.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences.
- Hack weeks and weekly tech talks.
- Medical insurance for you and your family/partner.
- Sports card.
- Free lunch subsidy.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
- Plenty of great food in the kitchen (once we are back in the office).
Back to top