Lead Product Designer
- Austin, TX
Lead Product Designer (UX)
Location: Austin, TX ideally.
What you'll do:
- In collaboration with product management and engineering, lead the strategic direction for product experiences.
- Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
- Produce wireframes, design artifacts and experience flows for Sumo Logic’s cloud security experience.
- Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- As a lead level contributor, you will be responsible for the growth of and improvement to the design practice.
- Be the advocate and promote design thinking across functional teams. Persuade teams to adopt new processes and standards.
- As part of the leadership team you will solve business objectives, shape design culture and drive customer value.
- Drive ideation exercises across the product organization while facilitating the engagement of other designers.
- Incorporate user-based research methodologies throughout the design process to ensure our product meets market, user, and design quality-markers and achieves success metrics.
- Work within an established design system to define appropriate use of components as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team effort.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize the process.
- A leader. You're a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn't useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution to determine what is integral to the experience and what is ‘icing on the cake’
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:.
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end design process from discovery to execution, information architecture, user experience, and interaction design.
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in analytical tools like FullStory or event tracking tools.
- Advanced skills in design tools like Sketch and Abstract or Figma.
- Proven experience in working in an Scrum or Agile framework.
- Proven experience in maintaining and scaling an existing design system.
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level data visualizations within product experiences software.
Education Qualifications & Preferred Experiences:
- 7+ years experience designing product or software; Security experience is ideal, but not required.
- Master degree or higher (in Computer Science, Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction design or similar, desirable).
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top