Director of Competitive Intelligence (Performance Management / DevOps Expertise)
- Flexible / Remote
Director of Competitive Intelligence
This role is being termed as a remote function. Sumo Logic is HQd in Redwood City, CA, with sales and engineering offices in Denver, CO and Austin, TX.
** The key requirement for this role is that the successful candidate know the players on the performance monitoring space, or at minimum the DevOps vertical and possess SME level knowledge of this domain.
Sumo Logic is looking for a Director of Competitive Intelligence who is passionate about defining and enabling the sales organization and partners with winning competitive strategies.
In this role, you will oversee a small team, while remaining hands-on and front/center with internal leadership and prospective customers.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues, DevOps and/or Security buyer needs.
You will work closely with Sumo Logic Sales organization, Product Management and Product Marketing teams to position Sumo Logic's solutions and related tools against competitors in the marketplace.
What You Will Be Doing
- Your deep and ongoing market, competitive research and analysis of competitors’ product and their GTM strategy will help us focus on the delivery of accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis as a subject matter expert.
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (cheat sheets, whitepapers, presentations, etc.) with net-new information, defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of Sumo Logic solutions favorably against the competition
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of competitive intelligence professionals focused on individual markets, use cases, and buyer segments
- Train Sumo Logic sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the data analysis and feedback processes to provide a quarterly view of the competitive landscape.
- Evangelize Sumo Logic's competitive differentiation via content- blogs, webinars, presentations etc.
- Act as an owner with multiple functions (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, SE’s, Partner Organization) to ensure domain knowledge is transferred at appropriate levels of depth.
- Work with field enablement and field success teams to establish take-out approaches as part of standard sales plays.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5-7+ years of experience in a similar role (e.g. competitive intelligence, product marketing, sales or SE experience)
- Previous background and experience in either sales engineering, product marketing or technical marketing working in an enterprise company is preferred.
- Experience developing technical presentations, whitepapers, product guides, briefs etc.
- Experience working directly with sales teams
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing architectures, products, and landscape
- Strong understanding of the real-world customer issues and the needs of DevOps or Security buyers
- Ability to collaborate with various groups and drive projects forward
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Aptitude for translating technical features into business value as a means of differentiating Sumo Logic
- Comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the Sumo Logic sales, marketing, and engineering teams
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
Sumo Logic is a top 10 cyber security company in 2019 per Forbes:
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top