Customer Success Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Customer Success Engineer
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for working with and guiding Sumo Logic’s strategic customers toward successful adoption of the Sumo Logic service. It’s a highly technical role which also requires customer facing skills. You will be part of an overall customer account team helping customers along their journey, ensuring they continue to realize the value of Sumo Logic.
In this role, you will enable our customers’ users to leverage the platform to properly troubleshoot, monitor, and secure their applications and infrastructure. You will help customers optimize their data ingestion and guide them on best practice content configuration (queries, alerts, dashboards, etc.) to meet their business objectives and specific use cases. You will also work closely with our Customer Success Managers to ensure these customers are engaged, enabled and well adopted in order to drive maximum value out of their Sumo Logic investment.
The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of common monitoring tools and practices, technical aptitude in cloud technologies, operations & infrastructure setup, as well as experience interfacing with highly technical customers. The successful candidate for this job will have a strong analytical mindframe, a thirst for learning new things, is genuinely interested in technology, and a strong self-starting, proactive mentality.
You are going to be dealing with technical users and complex issues, but you're also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. This is an ideal role for engineers looking to move into a customer-facing role or implementation consultants looking to move into a more leveraged role.
This role interfaces with various teams within Sumo Logic such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Sales Engineering and Support. You will be expected to collaborate with these teams to provide a best-in-class experience for our customers.
- Partner with account executives and customer success managers to ensure customers are getting value from Sumo, which will naturally help drive renewals and expansion.
- Advise customers on the best way to use Sumo Logic to meet their specific business objectives and the value drivers they have defined.
- Ensure pervasive adoption of the Sumo Logic service by continuing to share applicable use cases and ensuring they’re obtaining insight from their existing data sources.
- Provide technical guidance and best practices related to Sumo Logic features
- Find clever workarounds to solve customer challenges and train others on the team to share knowledge
- Share tools and resources to help customers successfully adopt the Sumo Logic service for their use case(s).
- Collect customer pain points and share these with other internal Sumo groups. It’s important here to understand these issues at a more technical level.
- Drive discussions and participate in community forums and channels.
- Participate or lead training events to help drive certification numbers upward.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar customer facing role
- A demonstrated passion for making customers of all experience levels successful
- Hands on experience with various enterprise software, operating systems, public cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), databases and modern application stacks.
- A track record of driving results and proactively making things happen.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and/or understand technical processes, systems and architecture.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 20%.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to write scripts, regular expressions, and structured queries.
- Comfortable running abbreviated training sessions for customers of varying degrees of expertise
- Experience with enterprise log management/metrics/SIEM products.
- Experience with Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top