Competitive Intelligence Manager
- Flexible / Remote
Competitive Intelligence Manager
This role is being termed as a remote function. Sumo Logic is HQd in Redwood City, CA, with sales and engineering offices in Denver, CO and Austin, TX.
** The key requirement for this role is that the successful candidate be highly technical within the Op Analytics / Performance Monitoring space or Cloud Security. Previous experience in Competitive Intel is less important than technical depth and a passion to make this career transition.
Sumo Logic is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Manager (this is a full time IC role) who is passionate about defining and enabling the sales team and partners with winning competitive strategies.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate the technical competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues, DevOps and/or Security buyer needs, and have a strong knowledge of Performance monitoring and/or Security Management solutions. This senior level individual contributor will work closely with Sumo Logic sales, product management and product marketing to position Sumo Logic solutions and related tools against competitors in the marketplace.
What You Will Be Doing
- A deep and ongoing market, competitive research and analysis of competitors’ product and GTM strategy, with a focus on delivery of accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis as a subject matter expert.
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (cheat sheets, whitepapers, presentations, etc.) with net-new information, defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of Sumo Logic solutions favorably against the competition
- Train Sumo Logic sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the data analysis and feedback processes to provide a quarterly view of the competitive landscape.
- Evangelize Sumo Logic's competitive differentiation via content- blogs, webinars, presentations etc.
- Act as an owner with multiple functions (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, SE’s, Partner Organization) to ensure domain knowledge is transferred at appropriate levels of depth.
- Work with field enablement and field success teams to establish take-out approaches as part of standard sales plays.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role (e.g. Product Management, Engineering,Technical Product Marketing, or Sales Engineering experience)
- Previous Performance management or Cloud Security solution experience background strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an enterprise company
- Experience developing technical presentations, whitepapers, product guides, briefs etc.
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing architectures, products, and landscape
- Strong understanding of the real-world customer issues and the needs of DevOps or Security buyers
- Ability to collaborate with various groups and drive projects forward
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Aptitude for translating technical features into business value as a means of differentiating Sumo Logic
- Comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the Sumo Logic sales, marketing, and engineering teams
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
Sumo Logic is a top 10 cyber security company in 2019 per Forbes:
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
· Funding and Growth:
Sumo Logic officially started trading on the NASDAQ (SUMO) in September, 2020. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Back to top