Cloud Software Engineer (Mid / Senior / Staff)
- Warsaw, Poland
* Role can be remote - from anywhere in Poland
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications.
Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions. We also have short release cycles and no legacy versions to maintain. We write in Scala and use open-source technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Cassandra.
As a Cloud Software Engineer you will:
- Design, build and operate a backend of a big data real-time analytics platform.
- Produce clean and well-tested Scala code (but you don't need to know Scala to join us).
- Analyze, maintain and improve scalability, performance and reliability.
- Cooperate efficiently in a team.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
Sumo Logic Poland has:
- More than 60 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Offices in Warsaw and Krakow; remote teams in Gdańsk and Zielona Góra.
- Product Teams: Metrics, Metadata, Tracing, Collection; Open Source Team.
- Several infrastructure Teams: SRE, Security, Software Delivery and Prosperity.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects like Tracing or Kubernetes Monitoring.
Ideally, you will have:
- Completed BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in any of the backend languages.
- Mid, Senior or Staff seniority level
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as big scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English.
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary - employment contract (65% authorship costs).
- Strong engineering teams.
- Stock (RSU) grant.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences.
- Hack weeks and biweekly tech talks.
- Medical insurance for you and your family/partner.
- Sports card.
- WFH budget.
- Lunch budget.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
Back to top