Temporary Office Assistant
- Berkeley, CA
Temporary Office Assistant
Reporting to the Dean of Operations, the Office Assistant supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the Office Assistant is the face of Summit K2 High School in El Cerrito and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The Office Assistant will also keep the office neat, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
This is a temporary role with an immediate start date and end date of September 30.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Welcome visitors at the front desk and create a warm, welcoming and organized environment
- Respond to public inquiries. This includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquiries
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising deliveries, operating point of sale, collecting payments
Front Desk Management
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order
- Coordinate distribution of loaners (laptops, headphones, chargers)
- Collect money for student lunch balances etc. and provide receipts for each transaction
- Enter student enrollment data, update student info, and process student data for exits/withdrawals
- Assist Operations Managers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and a background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
In addition to joining a highly motivated team and engaging in meaningful work, you’ll have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits including a retirement plan, unlimited “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of organization-wide closures during the year. You and your dependents will have access to multiple health, dental, and vision plans at 25% cost (we cover the other 75%) and employee life and disability insurance at no cost. Our compensation policy strives to be equitable and transparent.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Back to top