At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
With this rapid growth, Success seeks to hire an ambitious Writer—someone with excellent writing skills and strong media savvy to join our Communications team. This individual should be someone who...
- Has strong writing and editing abilities and a sense for what makes a great story;
- Can distill complex situations and ideas into simple, powerful arguments;
- Skillfully handles pressure--both time pressure and high stakes;
- Has extreme attention to detail and is a precise, accurate writer and fact checker;
- Is dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement, while avoiding the pitfalls of perfectionism;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized;
- Is passionate about education reform; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Back to top