As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Video Editor to join our Success Academy Creative Agency team.
Our Creative Agency is seeking a Video Editor responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a polished, compelling story that delivers against strategy and business objectives. Materials range from camera footage, dialogue, music and graphics. This is a key role in the post-production process. The Video Editor will work closely with production teams, studio team, and ultimately videographers to create powerful, emotionally impactful stories that deliver against SA treatments and briefs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating briefs/footage, outlines/scripts, and/or treatments, as well as assembling all raw footage;
- Editing original footage filmed to create a clear and cohesive video that is engaging and informative based on deliverables for each individual client;
- Archiving, organizing, and maintaining all of the Agency’s media assets;
- Basic color correction and sound mixing;
- Collaborating with producers, graphic designers, animators, and writers during the development process;
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio/video engineering and editing;
- Experimenting with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements; and
- Suggesting or selecting music.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the field and in studio;
- Proficient skills in Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as basic After Effects;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate multiple activities and prioritize conflicting demands, all while meeting deadlines;
- Experience managing a library, maintaining archive, and/or setting up an archive system;
- Experience with G Suite platform, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides;
- Solid reel/portfolio showcasing compelling post-production abilities;
- Is a storyteller, and problem solves with enthusiasm;
- Possess the ability to address feedback quickly and collaborate effectively;
- Thrives in a fast-paced multifaceted organization;
- Is passionate about education reform and communications;
- Has extreme attention to detail, accuracy and facts; and
- Is a self-starter.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter, resume, and a reel that displays your candidacy and video editing experience. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top