Technical Theater Teacher
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Technical Theater Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love theater technology;
- Engaging students in the creative process and cultivating their talents, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of set design and construction, lighting design, and AV/sound design;
- Designing and executing professional-quality performance opportunities for all scholars;
- Serve as technical director for all student performances;
- Collaborating with Theater Teachers across the network to build a world-class theater program while investing the community in the vital role of the arts in education;
- Engaging in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support.
- Have professional training in a rigorous theater program or extensive professional performance credits;
- Have prior experience in set design and construction, lighting design, and AV/sound design;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Theater or related field, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Love working with children and implementing effective theater instruction;
- Are a person of high moral character;
- Are passionate about the technical aspects of theater and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top