- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academies is redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 46 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Technology Division at Success Academy is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, applications services, security, and support. The Division partners with teams across the organization to equip students, teachers, leaders and staff with the innovative technology tools and knowhow necessary to achieve academic and operational excellence.
To support our growth and to continue providing our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience, we have a network office based team of IT professionals who provide network-wide support, resource planning, and technology integration. Their efforts enhance our classrooms and elevate daily instruction, fostering a lifelong love of learning for our scholars. Success Academy seeks a Systems Analyst to plan, direct and design the organization's IT infrastructure & Hardware Management while simultaneously leading the IT team(s) responsible for maintaining said infrastructure, while ensuring that technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively utilized across our growing network of schools.
Position : Systems Analyst
Definition : Plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information and operations systems in support of core organizational functions.
Location: New York, New York 10005
Reporting: The Systems Analyst will report to the Director of Schooling Solutions
The Systems Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This is a blended technical and user-facing role.
- Assist in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing core services and applications.
- Meet with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business requirements, systems goals, and timelines.
- Identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system developers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- 4+ years of proven experience designing, deploying, and managing core information systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of data modeling techniques including conceptual, logical, and physical.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MacOS and ChromeOS.
- Working knowledge of current tools to facilitate data analysis including SQL, DbVisualizer, Navicat, etc.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top