- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academies is redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 46 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Technology Division at Success Academy is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, applications services, security, and support. The Division partners with teams across the organization to equip students, teachers, leaders and staff with the innovative technology tools and knowhow necessary to achieve academic and operational excellence.
To support our growth and to continue providing our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience, we have a network-based team of IT professionals who provide network-wide support, resource planning, and technology integration. Their efforts enhance our classrooms and elevate daily instruction, fostering a lifelong love of learning for our scholars. Success Academy seeks a Systems Administrator to oversee complex processes that ensure technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively utilized across our growing network of schools.
Position : Systems Administrator
Definition : Individual responsible for upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems
Location: New York, New York 10005
Reporting: The Systems Administrator will report directly to our Manager of IT Infrastructure
This is a technical role that requires hands-on knowledge of User Management & Authentication (Active Directory & OKTA), 2FA, Windows Server & MacOS Operating Systems , Cloud Enterprise Collaboration Tools (Google Admin and Office 365), Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform), Device Management Platforms (JAMF, Google Admin, Windows GPO), and familiarity with networking and wireless.
- Manages multiple projects/initiatives in a timely manner while coordinating and communicating with stakeholders.
- Clear communicator with ability to articulate technical concepts in a language that anyone can understand
- Demonstrates initiative with a strong sense of urgency and purpose
- Proven success in the support and administration of customer-centric solutions
- Possesses knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to understand complex and advanced technical concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively and quickly shift focus in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience with JAMF, Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS, Active Directory, Google Admin, Okta, Workday, AWS, Azure, and other SaaS enterprise cloud-based services
- Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
- Experience with operating endpoint management tools including Apple DEP, JAMF Pro/Cloud as well as Windows Server
- Experience using IT Service Management software to manage projects and tasks (Preferred: TeamDynamix).
- Systems Administration
- Administers and maintains existing device management frameworks, integration, and identity management solutions.
- Reviews and applies security best practices & performs proactive performance monitoring and tuning
- Manage Windows Workstation & Server configurations, virtualization (HyperV), security patches, and applications
- Manage entire lifecycle of Linux/Unix Systems (i.e. Apple Mac OS/iOS)
- Provide support to Senior Network Engineer for VPN connectivity via VPN clients, RSA token and 2FA
- Supports Gmail configuration and mailbox management including email routing, spam filtering and forensics
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Serve as point of escalation for systems troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Supports business continuity plans and site readiness
- Performs testing of data retention and recovery policies
- Continuously provides and receives feedback regarding current IT processes to identify areas of improvement
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned in their field
- Comfortable with eDiscovery concepts and data collection including Holds and Retention Policies
- Expected to work out of the main office location with pre-negotiated remote options
- On Call as business needs dictate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Technology or related field
- 5 or more years of experience providing technical support in an enterprise environment
- Professional Certifications (Preferred): Cisco CCNA, MS MCSE, MCITP, A+, Security+ and/or Network+, JAMF CCT, CCA, or CCE, Azure Administrator and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner a plus
- Previous experience supporting 10+ offices/sites in large footprint areas
Back to top