Specialist, HS Computer Science
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a HS Computer Science Specialist to join our community.
The Education Institute is our engine for reimagining public education within our schools and far beyond, and brings together a powerful K-12 focus across content and design, implementation, instructional development.
As a critical part of our Education Institute department, the HS Computer Science Specialist will develop an academic program to drive the learning of our high school students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and writing rigorous and relevant curriculum as part of a multi-course computer science pathway that prepares students for college-level computer science courses and enables them to use computational tools to examine and solve complex technological and societal problems
- Creating all necessary lesson materials, lesson plans, labs, and projects for units that are aligned to the vision for computer science at Success Academy as well as external benchmarks
- Leading collaborative training sessions to further develop teacher understanding of the computer science curriculum
- Observing lessons and analyzing student work and data to identify potential opportunities to improve the computer science program
- Supporting with key cross-content Education Institute initiatives
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in multiple computer programming languages;
- Understanding of web development, data science, and/or data structures & algorithms;
- Computer science teaching or TA experience a plus;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are passionate about computer science and learning;
- Have strong attention to detail;
- Have extremely strong writing and proofreading skills; and
- Have a strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy and includes a list of computer science coursework taken as well as programming languages and software / tools with which you are familiar and your level of expertise in each. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top